Welcome to the Project Manager's Guide to Big Data
Big data has become a hot topic these days.
But what is it really? And how will it impact the project management community?
This site will provide an overview to assist project practitioners, other leaders, and project team members to understand big data and offers tips on how to manage a big data project.
- Big Data Overview provides an overview of big data technologies and when to use a big data solution.
- What is Big Data? provides an overview of what big data is and what it means for the project management community.
- When to Use Big Data offers guidance for when and when not to use a big data solution.
- What is Hadoop? explains big data's core platform.
- Technology Overview is a chart of big data related technologies, a brief description, and where to find additional information.
- Managing a Big Data Project presents tips to help
you manage big data projects.
- Project Management Skills For Managing Big Data Projects lists the essential skills required to successfully manage big data projects.
- PM Knowledge Areas contains considerations for the PMBOK-defined project management knowledge areas projects.
- Lessons Learned reveals lessons learned and offers insight into reasons for failure of big data projects.
- Best Practices presents best practices for big data projects.
- Planning Checklist provides a checklist for planning your big data project.
- Production Readiness Assessment provides a checklist to assess if your big data project is ready for production.
- Interviews Questions provide sample interview questions to aid in staffing your big data project.
- Tools is a library of information and downloads to assist you in managing your project.
About Patti Gilchrist
Patti Gilchrist is a Sr. Technical Manager with 25 years experience implementing strategic enterprise initiatives.
Patti has a reputation for effectively translating business problems into innovative solutions and creating strategic roadmaps to achieve business goals.